To collect my qualitative data I asked my friends and family some questions to see what they felt an opening sequence should include and what they liked about this opening sequence:
- What do you expect to see in an opening sequence?
- What do you expect credits to tell you?
- What order do you expect credits to be in?
- What do you expect to hear in an opening sequence?
- What do you think of this opening sequence?
Mission Impossible Opening Sequence
These were some responses:
Interview One:
Interview Two:
Survey on whether people would prefer a male of female protagonist:

Survey on which genre is preferred by males and females:

Learning Comment:
I learnt that audiences expect similar things from an opening sequence as they expect it to be bright/eye catching and engaging. They expect to be introduced to the setting and the main characters and expect the opening credits to show the names of the people involved in making the film and the people starring in it. I will take these answers into account when producing my own opening sequence as I now know what people expect to see in an opening sequence and what they think of existing ones.









No comments:
Post a Comment