research and planning, Construction,

Thursday, 24 November 2016

Task 19: Sound

Sound


Powered by emaze


Learning Comment:
From doing this task I've learned the importance of using sound in an opening sequence, from my research I found that nearly all opening sequences include some sort of sound whether is dialogue or non diegetic. I feel that an opening needs to include some sort of sound to hook the audience and make the scene more interesting and effective. I've also realised how important it is that the music completely fits with the scene or the whole opening can look wrong sand leave the audience with the wrong impression of the narrative or genre. It took some time to find the right music to add to the background of our opening however I feel the one we decided works well. Moreover, I have realised that the sound must follow the narrative to make the scene look authentic and make the audience believe the narrative for example when our protagonist starts running the slow/quiet eerie music no longer fit and didn't build tension and quicken the pace of the scene therefore faster more pulse raising music was needed to create the pace we wanted in our opening sequence.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment